What a blessing it is to be a member of Liberty Presbyterian Church. It is a congregation of believers, true, but more importantly, it is a congregation of loving friends who pull together to support and nurture each other. In times of stress, or times of joy, Liberty friends are the best kind to have.
As we do every year at Liberty, we are working on our program plan and budget for the following year. A major part of that plan, of course, is to forecast what our income from member giving will be.
Pledging is easy. You can download a 2017 pledge card here. Please return the pledge card to the Church Office, addressed to Dana Meeker, our Financial Administrator, your pledge will be recorded and acknowledged. Or you can pledge online by clicking here, or you can send a confidential email to [email protected]. Whichever you choose, your pledge remains confidential.
We thank you again for your pledge and support for Liberty.
Philosophy of Stewardship
- We believe that we worship God in all that we do, including the way we handle our money.
- We believe that God has been amazingly generous to us — when we are generous with our money, we are swimming right in the middle of the stream of God’s grace.
- We believe in “carrying our blessings lightly”, that God blesses us so that we can bless others through our giving.
- We believe in giving proportionately, with the goal of giving 10% to gospel-supporting causes.
- We believe that supporting Liberty Church financially is a sound investment, because “lives are being changed at Liberty”.
- We believe that we cannot out-give God.
- We believe the fundamental shape of the Christian life is thankfulness.
- We believe “it is more blessed to give than to receive”.
- We believe our largest annual contribution should be to our local church.
- We believe in “disciplined generosity”, that our giving should be determined prayerfully, purposefully and in advance.
- We are challenged by how often Jesus pointed to financial stewardship as a measure of our spiritual commitment.
- It is a joyful challenge for our giving to keep pace with the work of God’s Spirit in and through Liberty Church.
- The Session is committed to financial transparency, specifically through making available to all members a monthly summary of income and expenditures.
Recent Stewardship Sermons
Stewardship presents us with many wonderful opportunities. One is responsibility. As members of Liberty Presbyterian Church, we feel a responsibility to the commitment we have made to God and His church. As members, we receive great ministry through the church which helps us move forward in our spiritual lives. Stewardship has given us the opportunity to give back our time through our involvement with small groups, Stephen Ministry, Session, and the Chicken Barbeque.
Stewardship also gives us the opportunity to give financially. Giving to God through the church truly gives us that warm, fuzzy feeling of doing good — because giving always gives back. We can see the church grow by supporting current ministries and the beginning of new and exciting programs. Our children were confirmed at Liberty, and our grandchildren have been baptized here, so financial support of Liberty’s ongoing mission and growth is important to us.
Stewardship allows us to give with grace. We feel this is one way to thank God for all his blessings on us and our family.