It’s the season to RENEW at Liberty!
- At all times, we are called to renew our spiritual commitment to God as disciples of Jesus Christ.
- At all times, God’s Spirit is renewing this church He loves so much.
- At all times, God calls us to renew our commitment to His mission in our church, in Delaware County and throughout the world.
God has been so faithful to Liberty throughout our 207-year history. And God is very much at work at Liberty right now. He is calling us to follow Him into Liberty’s exciting future:
- proclaiming the good news of Jesus Christ near & far
- sharing Christ’s love tangibly, in mission and service
- investing in the gift of our children and youth
- embracing the ever-growing population in southern Delaware County.
God is leading us to do all these things – and more – with the commitment, excellence and generosity that has always characterized Liberty.
RENEW is an opportunity for you to renew your commitment to God’s work in and through Liberty Church.
- RENEW is a stewardship campaign. Unlike in the past, we are asking you to make a two-year pledge to support Liberty’s operating fund for both 2018 and 2019.
- But RENEW is more than a stewardship campaign. In addition to supporting the 2018-2019 Operating Fund, your two-year financial commitment will include supporting the completion of $1.9 million in much-needed capital improvements, including re-siding the Barn. In addition to improving our campus, 10% of funds raised for capital projects will directly support two local missions, over and above our regular 10% commitment to missions.
- But RENEW is more than a stewardship campaign combined with a capital campaign. RENEW is a spiritual campaign: more than raising fund levels, RENEW aims to raise our faith levels; more than asking us to stretch financially, RENEW intends us to cultivate a generous lifestyle within us; more than renovating our campus, RENEW seeks to renew our commitment to God.
In the last book of the New Testament, God says, “Look, I am making all things new!” (Revelation 21:5). The pastors and the Session invite you to join this season of renewal at Liberty, committing yourself to:
- Renew our faith
- Renew our church
- Renew our mission
Please join us on the RENEW adventure!
Pledging is easy. You can download a 2018-2019 pledge card here. Please return the pledge card to the Church Office, addressed to Dana Meeker, our Financial Administrator, your pledge will be recorded and acknowledged. Or you can pledge online by clicking here, or you can send a confidential email to [email protected]. Whichever you choose, your pledge remains confidential.
Philosophy of Stewardship
- We believe that we worship God in all that we do, including the way we handle our money.
- We believe that God has been amazingly generous to us — when we are generous with our money, we are swimming right in the middle of the stream of God’s grace.
- We believe in “carrying our blessings lightly”, that God blesses us so that we can bless others through our giving.
- We believe in giving proportionately, with the goal of giving 10% to gospel-supporting causes.
- We believe that supporting Liberty Church financially is a sound investment, because “lives are being changed at Liberty”.
- We believe that we cannot out-give God.
- We believe the fundamental shape of the Christian life is thankfulness.
- We believe “it is more blessed to give than to receive”.
- We believe our largest annual contribution should be to our local church.
- We believe in “disciplined generosity”, that our giving should be determined prayerfully, purposefully and in advance.
- We are challenged by how often Jesus pointed to financial stewardship as a measure of our spiritual commitment.
- It is a joyful challenge for our giving to keep pace with the work of God’s Spirit in and through Liberty Church.
- The Session is committed to financial transparency, specifically through making available to all members a monthly summary of income and expenditures.
Beats headphones, the newest version of the iPhone, concert tickets…these are among the favored items on a typical teenager’s wish list for just about any occasion or holiday. Gift cards and cash are also popular! Gone are the days of Barbie dolls and pillow pets, the teen years bring the desire for big ticket items. In this day and age with so many competing priorities with technology and “devices”, parents have a tough time providing meaningful gifts to our teenagers that fit in our budget. As God the Father wants to provide for our every want and need, we as parents want to do the same for our children. But is this realistic?
We joined Liberty before our daughter was born and once she arrived we would bring her to church as an infant, and even now as a teenager. The resounding feedback we get from this congregation goes something like this: “you’re doing the right thing bringing her to church”; “the best gift you can give your child is to let her know God”; “so good to see your family in church”. This reinforces the “light” that we receive from attending Liberty Presbyterian Church. Our daughter grew up attending church school, participating in VBS and is now very active in the Youth Ministry program. She is receiving a gift beyond any monetary value we can place on it; as are we!
As you prayerfully consider this stewardship season, we encourage you to reflect on the light Liberty brings to your life and how you can brighten it. How has God gifted you and how can you then share your gift with others? 1 Peter 4:10 states:
“Each one, as a good manager of God’s different gifts, must use for the good of others the special gift he has received from God.”
Whether your gift is your time, your talents or your tithes, we encourage you to brighten the light here at Liberty. Whether your “light” is the music program, children’s ministry, adult discipleship, mission work, our pastors’ compelling messages, our beautiful buildings and grounds or the community spirit of sharing worship with others; please help to continue our tradition of the most valuable gift we can ever give or receive – the gift of God!