It’s the season to RENEW at Liberty!
- At all times, we are called to renew our spiritual commitment to God as disciples of Jesus Christ.
- At all times, God’s Spirit is renewing this church He loves so much.
- At all times, God calls us to renew our commitment to His mission in our church, in Delaware County and throughout the world.
God has been so faithful to Liberty throughout our 207-year history. And God is very much at work at Liberty right now. He is calling us to follow Him into Liberty’s exciting future:
- proclaiming the good news of Jesus Christ near & far
- sharing Christ’s love tangibly, in mission and service
- investing in the gift of our children and youth
- embracing the ever-growing population in southern Delaware County.
God is leading us to do all these things – and more – with the commitment, excellence and generosity that has always characterized Liberty.
RENEW is an opportunity for you to renew your commitment to God’s work in and through Liberty Church.
- RENEW is a stewardship campaign. Unlike in the past, we are asking you to make a two-year pledge to support Liberty’s operating fund for both 2018 and 2019.
- But RENEW is more than a stewardship campaign. In addition to supporting the 2018-2019 Operating Fund, your two-year financial commitment will include supporting the completion of $1.9 million in much-needed capital improvements, including re-siding the Barn. In addition to improving our campus, 10% of funds raised for capital projects will directly support two local missions, over and above our regular 10% commitment to missions.
- But RENEW is more than a stewardship campaign combined with a capital campaign. RENEW is a spiritual campaign: more than raising fund levels, RENEW aims to raise our faith levels; more than asking us to stretch financially, RENEW intends us to cultivate a generous lifestyle within us; more than renovating our campus, RENEW seeks to renew our commitment to God.
In the last book of the New Testament, God says, “Look, I am making all things new!” (Revelation 21:5). The pastors and the Session invite you to join this season of renewal at Liberty, committing yourself to:
- Renew our faith
- Renew our church
- Renew our mission
Please join us on the RENEW adventure!
Pledging is easy. You can download a 2018-2019 pledge card here. Please return the pledge card to the Church Office, addressed to Dana Meeker, our Financial Administrator, your pledge will be recorded and acknowledged. Or you can pledge online by clicking here, or you can send a confidential email to [email protected]. Whichever you choose, your pledge remains confidential.
We thank you again for your pledge and support for Liberty.
Philosophy of Stewardship
- We believe that we worship God in all that we do, including the way we handle our money.
- We believe that God has been amazingly generous to us — when we are generous with our money, we are swimming right in the middle of the stream of God’s grace.
- We believe in “carrying our blessings lightly”, that God blesses us so that we can bless others through our giving.
- We believe in giving proportionately, with the goal of giving 10% to gospel-supporting causes.
- We believe that supporting Liberty Church financially is a sound investment, because “lives are being changed at Liberty”.
- We believe that we cannot out-give God.
- We believe the fundamental shape of the Christian life is thankfulness.
- We believe “it is more blessed to give than to receive”.
- We believe our largest annual contribution should be to our local church.
- We believe in “disciplined generosity”, that our giving should be determined prayerfully, purposefully and in advance.
- We are challenged by how often Jesus pointed to financial stewardship as a measure of our spiritual commitment.
- It is a joyful challenge for our giving to keep pace with the work of God’s Spirit in and through Liberty Church.
- The Session is committed to financial transparency, specifically through making available to all members a monthly summary of income and expenditures.
Recent Stewardship Sermons
We heard the old church bell ring across the valley on Sunday mornings. Finally, we couldn’t resist giving Liberty a try.
Amazingly, we found that all we heard about Liberty Church was true when we first attended the church…. and it is still true today! God has been so good to us through Liberty Church, giving us and our children a place to make best friends; a place to worship Him with both laughter and tears; a place to have our hearts filled when we are saddened and to be reminded that we are loved; a place where others recognize that we have talents to share; a place where we journey with other believers seeking to recognize the wonder of God’s grace in our daily lives and to serve others as He has served us.
Last Sunday morning, we sat behind a young family much like ours was more than 30 years ago. It was great to meet them and to envision the future for them at Liberty Church.
We support God’s work at Liberty with our time, talents and finances. We know that providing pastors & staff, ministries for children, youth & adults, music, missions and care for our lovely buildings & grounds requires our financial support as well as our prayers. We gladly support Liberty because we know how wonderfully faithful God has been to us here.
It seems that God set His GPS for us to join the Liberty family long ago when we were new arrivals in Delaware County and new parents of two young daughters. Having moved, we found it increasingly difficult to attend our previous church in Columbus but we kept trying for nearly two years. During that time our new neighbors and acquaintances told us about the little white church at the corner of Home and 315. “It’s a come as you are church.” “The Spirit is alive at Liberty.” “The people are so friendly.” “There is a wonderful pianist.” (Yes, Dave Tolley, an OSU undergrad, played for Liberty back then.) “You won’t want to sleep during the sermons.” “Children are loved at Liberty.” We heard the old church bell ring across the valley on Sunday mornings. Finally, we couldn’t resist giving Liberty a try and we immediately felt a tug to become part of the Liberty family.
Amazingly, we have found that all we had heard about Liberty Church was true when we first attended the church…. and it is still true today! We know how good God has been to us through Liberty Church, giving us and our children a place to make best friends; a place to worship Him with both laughter and tender tears; a place to hang our hearts when we are saddened and be reminded that we are loved; a place where others recognize that we have talents to share, even when we are unsure of ourselves; a place where we journey with other seekers and believers until we recognize the wonder of His grace in our daily lives and want to serve others as He has served us.
Time has moved on, our children are grown and living far away in Seattle and Boston, but every time they can, they join us at Liberty Church where they have so many memories of inspiring messages and music, of hugs and lasting friendships, of candles lit on Christmas Eve and the congregation singing, “Silent Night” …and on and on. These memories go with them and contribute to their knowing Christ’s love and strength wherever they are.
Last Sunday morning, we sat during the worship service behind a young family, so much like ours was more than 30 years ago. It was great to meet them and to envision the future for them at Liberty Church. We pledge to support God’s work at Liberty with our time, talents and finances. We know that providing pastors, staff, programs for children, youth and adults, music, missions and care for our lovely grounds, buildings and sanctuary require our gifts, as well as our prayers. We know how wonderfully faithful God has been to us here and we hope you will join us in pledging to support His continued work at Liberty Church.
Brad & Tracey Scott