Philosophy of Stewardship
- We believe that we worship God in all that we do, including the way we handle our money.
- We believe that God has been amazingly generous to us — when we are generous with our money, we are swimming right in the middle of the stream of God’s grace.
- We believe in “carrying our blessings lightly”, that God blesses us so that we can bless others through our giving.
- We believe in giving proportionately, with the goal of giving 10% to gospel-supporting causes.
- We believe that supporting Liberty Church financially is a sound investment, because “lives are being changed at Liberty”.
It seems that God set His GPS for us to join the Liberty in 1981 when we were new arrivals in Delaware County and parents of two young daughters. Once we moved in, our neighbors told us about the little white church at the corner of Home Road and SR 315:
- “It’s a come as you are church.”
- “The Spirit is alive at Liberty.”
- “The people are so friendly.”
- “There is a wonderful pianist.”
- “You won’t want to sleep during the sermons.”
- “Children are loved at Liberty.”
We heard the old church bell ring across the valley on Sunday mornings. Finally, we couldn’t resist giving Liberty a try.
Amazingly, we found that all we heard about Liberty Church was true when we first attended the church
…and it is still true today!
God has been so good to us through Liberty Church, giving us and our children a place to make best friends; a place to worship Him with both laughter and tears; a place to have our hearts filled when we are saddened and to be reminded that we are loved; a place where others recognize that we have talents to share; a place where we journey with other believers seeking to recognize the wonder of God’s grace in our daily lives and to serve others as He has served us.
Not long ago, we sat behind a young family much like ours was more than 30 years ago. It was great to meet them and to envision the future for them at Liberty Church.
We support God’s work at Liberty with our time, talents and finances.
We know that providing pastors & staff, ministries for children, youth & adults, music, missions and care for our lovely buildings & grounds requires our financial support as well as our prayers. We gladly support Liberty because we know how wonderfully faithful God has been to us here.