Brighten the Light
What a blessing it is to be a member of Liberty Presbyterian Church. It is a congregation of believers, true, but more importantly, it is a congregation of loving friends who pull together to support and nurture each other. In times of stress, or times of joy, Liberty friends are the best kind to have.
As we do every year at Liberty, we are working on our program plan and budget for the following year. A major part of that plan, of course, is to forecast what our income from member giving will be.
Pledging is easy. You can download a 2017 pledge card here. Please return the pledge card to the Church Office, addressed to Dana Meeker, our Financial Administrator, your pledge will be recorded and acknowledged. Or you can pledge online by clicking here, or you can send a confidential email to [email protected]. Whichever you choose, your pledge remains confidential.
We thank you again for your pledge and support for Liberty.
Philosophy of Stewardship
- We believe that we worship God in all that we do, including the way we handle our money.
- We believe that God has been amazingly generous to us — when we are generous with our money, we are swimming right in the middle of the stream of God’s grace.
- We believe in “carrying our blessings lightly”, that God blesses us so that we can bless others through our giving.
- We believe in giving proportionately, with the goal of giving 10% to gospel-supporting causes.
- We believe that supporting Liberty Church financially is a sound investment, because “lives are being changed at Liberty”.
- We believe that we cannot out-give God.
- We believe the fundamental shape of the Christian life is thankfulness.
- We believe “it is more blessed to give than to receive”.
- We believe our largest annual contribution should be to our local church.
- We believe in “disciplined generosity”, that our giving should be determined prayerfully, purposefully and in advance.
- We are challenged by how often Jesus pointed to financial stewardship as a measure of our spiritual commitment.
- It is a joyful challenge for our giving to keep pace with the work of God’s Spirit in and through Liberty Church.
- The Session is committed to financial transparency, specifically through making available to all members a monthly summary of income and expenditures.
Recent Stewardship Sermons
It seems that God set His GPS for us to join the Liberty in 1981 when we were new arrivals in Delaware County and parents of two young daughters. Once we moved in, our neighbors told us about the little white church at the corner of Home and 315:
- “It’s a come as you are church.”
- “The Spirit is alive at Liberty.”
- “The people are so friendly.”
- “There is a wonderful pianist.”
- “You won’t want to sleep during the sermons.”
- “Children are loved at Liberty.”
We heard the old church bell ring across the valley on Sunday mornings. Finally, we couldn’t resist giving Liberty a try.
Amazingly, we found that all we heard about Liberty Church was true when we first attended the church…. and it is still true today! God has been so good to us through Liberty Church, giving us and our children a place to make best friends; a place to worship Him with both laughter and tears; a place to have our hearts filled when we are saddened and to be reminded that we are loved; a place where others recognize that we have talents to share; a place where we journey with other believers seeking to recognize the wonder of God’s grace in our daily lives and to serve others as He has served us.
Last Sunday morning, we sat behind a young family much like ours was more than 30 years ago. It was great to meet them and to envision the future for them at Liberty Church.
We support God’s work at Liberty with our time, talents and finances. We know that providing pastors & staff, ministries for children, youth & adults, music, missions and care for our lovely buildings & grounds requires our financial support as well as our prayers. We gladly support Liberty because we know how wonderfully faithful God has been to us here.