Opportunities to Serve
These areas are the main priority for Liberty’s Mission dollars & efforts. Read about them, come downstairs following worship, or contact the Church Office to serve!
- Pickle Jar – Liberty’s confidential ministry providing financial assistance for those in immediate & critical need within Liberty &/or Delaware County. We’ve kept the lights bright, water flowing, heat on & families in their homes which otherwise may not have happened. Contact the Church Office for confidential assistance.
- Delaware County Habitat for Humanity – Walls Build Projects twice each year, Liberty commits to build the walls for an upcoming habitat home. Come out and build with us!
- St. John’s Episcopal Church – Rev. Dr. Lee Anne Reat Liberty serves mainly with the Wednesday dinner His Place and weekly Street Church. Both involve worship & providing food to the homeless & underprivileged in the Franklinton area of Columbus.
- Heart to Honduras – El Olvido Sister Church & Annual Mission Teams – Partnering with our Sister Church, Liberty sends Mission teams to provide medical care for the sick and share the good news of Jesus!
- Central Ohio Youth for Christ
Sponsored & Supported Missions:
Local, Regional & Global
Liberty’s Missions budget (10% of all offerings) also supports the following individuals & organizations. Visit their websites for more information & learn how to help them further God’s mission in the world:
- Central Ohio Youth for Christ
- Coalition for Christian Outreach (OWU) – William & Jill Hayes, Delaware, OH
- Delaware County Against Human Trafficking Coalition
- Delaware County Hunger Alliance
- Delaware S.T.E.P.
- Equitas Health – Hygeine Closet
- Mercy Ships
- Michael Ludwig (PCUSA missionary in Niger)
- Scioto Valley Presbytery – Mission Grants Ohio
- World Gospel Mission – Michael Banks, Plain City, OH
Additional Liberty Mission Projects & New Plans
Liberty has other projects ongoing & throughout the year – contact the Church Office, listed leader, or wait for information seasonally about any of the following:
- Ad Hoc Disaster Assistance – Presbyterian Disaster Assistance
- Adopt-a-Family (December)
- Be the Church (Spring)
- Buckeye Military Moms
- Central Ohio Youth for Christ – Campus Life
- Kairos Prison Ministries – Men
- Kairos Prison Ministries – Women
- Kelsey Holderman – Seminary Support
- Liberty Members in Mission Support
- Liberty Mission Garden (Spring & Summer)
- Liberty Youth Mission Trips (Summer)
- Liberty Regional Mission Trip
- MOMSNEXT at Liberty
- MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) at Liberty
- OSU Campus Ministry
- People in Need (PIN) – Delaware, OH
- Help feed & support monthly youth ministry.
- Scioto Valley Presbytery (Session-endorsed Mission Grants)
- Thanksgiving Boxed Meals (November)
God has blessed each one of us with different gifts and abilities.
In I Peter 4:10 we are instructed to:
…serve one another with whatever gift each of you has received.
Liberty Presbyterian Church offers many different ways in which you can serve both the congregation and the community. We encourage you to join our group of volunteers in hopes that you will find a perfect fit for your personality and God-given gifts. Please contact us at [email protected] for more information.