Opportunities to Serve
Save the Date!
Next Walls Build – Saturday, August 26
Join us for our semi-annual Walls Build, where we’ll be building the walls for a Habitat for Humanity House in our parking lot, and send them up to Delaware to a family in need. This will be our eighteenth build! We’ll need a cut crew of a dozen for Friday evening, August 25, and around 80 volunteers for Saturday, August 26, to actually build the walls. Light refreshments will be provided, as well as all of the tools… but you’ll be doing the “heavy lifting”! Many hands make the work lighter. Contact Contact Kevin Futryk or Pastor Kyle to confirm you’ll be there!
These areas are the main priority for Liberty’s Mission dollars & efforts. Read about them, come downstairs following worship, or contact the Church Office to serve!
- Pickle Jar – Liberty’s confidential ministry providing financial assistance for those in immediate & critical need within Liberty &/or Delaware County. We’ve kept the lights bright, water flowing, heat on & families in their homes which otherwise may not have happened. Contact the Church Office for confidential assistance.
- Delaware County Habitat for Humanity – Walls Build Projects twice each year, Liberty commits to build the walls for an upcoming habitat home. Come out and build with us!
- St. John’s Episcopal Church – Rev. Dr. Lee Anne Reat Liberty serves mainly with the Wednesday dinner His Place and weekly Street Church. Both involve worship & providing food to the homeless & underprivileged in the Franklinton area of Columbus.
- Heart to Honduras – El Olvido Sister Church & Annual Mission Teams – Partnering with our Sister Church, Liberty sends Mission teams to construct homes for the homeless, provide medical care for the sick and share the good news of Jesus! Spring (Medical), Summer (Construction) teams.
Sponsored & Supported Missions:
Local, Regional & Global
Liberty’s Missions budget (10% of all offerings) also supports the following individuals & organizations. Visit their websites for more information & learn how to help them further God’s mission in the world:
- Campus Prayer Minister – Julie DeLavergne Ohio State University
- Central Ohio Youth for Christ – Mike Taylor
- Coalition for Christian Outreach – Mike & Beth Mattes, Columbus, OH
- Coalition for Christian Outreach – William & Jill Hayes, Delaware, OH
- Delaware County Habitat for Humanity – Delaware, OH
- Fuller Seminary – School of Intercultural Studies, Pasadena, CA
- Gracehaven – Central, OH
- International Friendships – OSU Columbus, OH
- Kairos Prison Ministries – Central Ohio
- Mission Columbus – Tyler Flynn
- MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) & MOMSnext at Liberty
- Operation Mobilization – Pat Tracy, Westerville, OH
- Operation Homefront – Ohio Chapter
- PC(USA) Missionary to Peru – Rev. Jed Koball
- People in Need (PIN) – Delaware, OH
- Scioto Valley Presbytery – Mission Grants Ohio
- SIL International – Eric & Emily Jackson, East Asia (Linguists)
- World Gospel Mission – Michael Banks, Plain City, OH
Additional Liberty Mission Projects & New Plans
Liberty has other projects ongoing & throughout the year – contact the Church Office, listed leader, or wait for information seasonally about any of the following:
- Everyday People Ministries
Help feed & support underprivileged families and children in Northland area of Columbus. Contact: Nancy Holderman
- Central Ohio Youth for Christ – Campus Life
Help feed & support monthly youth ministry. Contact: Penny Hampshire
- Adopt-a-Family (December)
- Thanksgiving Boxed Meals (November)
- Liberty Mission Garden (Spring & Summer)
- Liberty Youth Mission Trips (Summer)
- Appalachia/Regional Mission Teams (Upcoming…)
God has blessed each one of us with different gifts and abilities.
In I Peter 4:10 we are instructed to:
…serve one another with whatever gift each of you has received.
Liberty Presbyterian Church offers many different ways in which you can serve both the congregation and the community. We encourage you to join our group of volunteers in hopes that you will find a perfect fit for your personality and God-given gifts. Please contact us at [email protected] for more information.