This Sunday, Children’s Corner will begin the fall series on the godly characters in Genesis. Noah loved God and followed God’s word. As the story goes, the world was evil, and God decided to destroy the earth and everything in it. He spared Noah, his family, and two of every living animal. It rained 40 days, Noah awaited on the response from a dove, and a rainbow solidified God’s promise to never flood the earth again.
- How does the story of Noah connect with us?
- Is God pleased with our life choices?
- Or does He look at us and say, “… the wickedness of man is great in the earth, and every intention of the thoughts of his heart is only evil continually” (Genesis 6:5 paraphrased).
- Would you be chosen to walk onto the boat?
- Or are you fully engrossed in the world and have forgotten the Word of God?
In today’s culture, it is easy to be swept up into the floodwaters of world view. I challenge you to grab onto the life raft of the Bible. Cling to God’s word for each and every circumstance of your life. His Word needs no political, social, or cultural interpretation. His Word is TRUTH.
I choose God. I choose His word to lead me daily. I choose to be counted as one of faith in the eyes of Him and be secure on the boat. I choose in His truth and live by faith!
“By faith Noah, when warned about things not yet seen, in holy fear, built an ark to save his family. By his faith he condemned the world and became heir of the righteousness that is in keeping with faith.”